UCEDA is currently accepting applications for new candidates in the following positions and locations:
Bilingual Sales & Customer Service Manager Apply Now
Bilingual Sales & Customer Service Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic leader to take responsibility for the smooth running of our dynamic ESL school where your professionalism, initiative and office skills will be welcomed. You will have plenty of room to be creative and demonstrate new ideas.
Who we are:
UCEDA Institute motivates and prepares English language learners to achieve their goals by developing effective communication skills. Since 1988, UCEDA Institute has helped hundreds of thousands of newcomers to the United States to become integrated and productive members of our community by providing engaging classes and programs in English as a Second Language (ESL). Today UCEDA Institute has evolved into a chain of schools with many locations and branches in popular areas throughout the United States. For millions of individuals throughout the world, English continues to serve as a bridge to greater possibilities and success. We are proud to continue guiding ambitious students towards their goals, and we invite you to join us.
UCEDA Institute currently seeks a Bilingual Sales and Customer Service Manager for its fast-growing school in Falls Church, VA, Norwalk, CT and Freehold, NJ.
Your full-time role will include providing a full range of office management duties including:
– Coordinate day-to-day administrative activities of the school, which include responsibilities related to Promotion, Admissions, and Retention.
– Enroll new students and collect tuition and fees according to established policies
– Receive phone calls and visitors to the front office; and accurately and passionately describe the products and services of UCEDA Institute.
– Collect, analyze, and report data related to attendance, registrations, payments, retention and reactivation efforts, and other metrics
– Follow up with teachers on new students’ placement and progress, and to monitor potential drop-out students.
– Contact students having attendance problems to identify causes and coordinate solutions.
– Verify the quality of our service through casual surveys with current students.
– Gather and report to the Program Director all student feedback and complaints.
– Maintain accurate inventories of educational materials and order adequate numbers of books and supplies in advance
– Organize special events such as Open Houses, Graduations, and Recognition Ceremonies
– Ensure that classes begin and end on time.
– Serve as the on-site “face” of UCEDA Institute by maintaining professional and conservative dress and grooming standards, and by treating others with respect and dignity.
– Adhere to all Policies and Procedures in order to accomplish the Mission of UCEDA Institute.
– Be positive, and continue to motivate students to achieve their goals by developing effective English communication skills.
This is a somewhat autonomous role, and the selected candidate will need to be comfortable making independent decisions while following policies and guidance provided by senior executives at the headquarters office. This position will suit you if you have good interpersonal and presentation skills, integrity, sales and office management experience. You need to be self-directed and have organizational and problem-solving skills.
– Outgoing, goal-driven individual with strong motivational skills and a positive disposition.
– Experience in sales and cross selling is a must
– Administrative, management, and/or customer service experience
– Experience learning a second language (bilingual English/Spanish preferred).
– Prior experience in the educational field or as a trainer or coach is strongly preferred.
– Ethical, competent, and reliable.
– Excellent Interpersonal skills – effective communication, customer service and motivational abilities.
– Computer literate and able to demonstrate a working knowledge of word processing, scheduling, database and spreadsheet software (e.g. MS Office).
– Self-driven, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic about performance improvement.
– Bachelor’s Degree required.
Applications should outline qualifications and demonstrate how your experience and skills match the job.
Resume and cover letter may be submitted by email to: HR@UCEDA.ORG
Don’t miss this opportunity to start a great career in the Education industry. UCEDA’s corporate culture thrives on promoting within, constant training and education with growing responsibilities. Not only will you be growing professionally and as an individual, you will also be providing many students with an opportunity to improve their lives tremendously through the education they receive.
Bilingual Tutor / Trainer for Adults Learning English Apply Now
We are looking for enthusiastic teachers to motivate and prepare our students to achieve their goals by developing effective English communication skills. Lift and inspire others by planning and delivering high-quality, creative, and engaging lessons for diverse groups learning English as a Second Language (ESL). Training provided.
About UCEDA Institute:
UCEDA Institute began in 1988 with a simple idea to empower students through mastery of the English language. Today we’ve evolved into a chain of schools with many locations and branches in popular areas throughout the United States. For millions of individuals throughout the world, English continues to serve as a bridge to greater possibilities and success. We are proud to continue guiding ambitious students towards their goals, and we invite you to join us.
UCEDA Institute has immediate Part-time and Full-Time opportunities for Adult ESL Teachers in Falls Church, VA, Norwalk, CT and Freehold, NJ.
– Prepare lesson plans and deliver quality classroom instruction by following the standard UCEDA class format and using UCEDA materials.
– Apply a developmental approach to learning, coaching students according to their individual development needs, and encouraging self-expression leading to a successful student experience.
– Play an active role in helping students persist toward their goals by closely monitoring students’ attendance and performance, addressing issues appropriately, and following proper procedures in tutoring, homework, etc.
– Report students’ academic progress periodically to ensure they are mastering the skills on a regular basis.
– Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games etc.) to motivate and stimulate students.
– Cooperate with the School Manager and other administrative staff.
– Attend training sessions and seminars provided by UCEDA leadership.
– Set a positive example of compliance with school policies.
– Experience learning a second language (bilingual)
– Experience applying a structured approach to teaching, training, coaching, and/or motivating others to achieve their goals.
– High level of common-sense: Able to connect with others, identify and respond to behavioral trends, adapt quickly to circumstances, and interpret non-verbal communication cues.
– Strong interpersonal skills and experience dealing with people of many cultures, showing an appropriate level of respect and cultural sensitivity.
– Motivated, creative, organized, patient, flexible, enthusiastic about others’ success.
– Strong understanding of grammar, excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
– Bachelor’s Degree required, related field strongly preferred.
– CELTA, TEFL, TESL, or other formal training in ESL teaching strongly preferred.
Resume and cover letter may be submitted by email to: HR@UCEDA.ORG